RIHS Event Conduct Policy
Rock Island High School Event Conduct Guidelines
No outside food or drinks are allowed into the events. Violators of guidelines will be told to leave the premises.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Students must enter through the Field House doors (along 23rd Avenue) and must present their school ID to gain entrance. (Cost will be $5 without ID).
- Students are not allowed to congregate on the stairwells, ails ways, or the concession area.
- Students will remain in the designated student section unless briefly visiting the restrooms or concession areas.
- Students are not allowed to stand on the floor in the student section.
- Students throwing food, drink, or other items in the stands or any other section of an event venue will be escorted out of the event and will not be allowed to re-enter.
- Students face additional consequences based on their actions and School Code of Conduct.
- Students who leave any school sponsored event are not allowed to return to the event. Any student who leaves the event must also leave the grounds.
- Balls and backpacks are not allowed. School personnel will not be responsible for any items left at the gate.
- In an effort to ensure the safety of all guests, every patron and any carry-in items may be searched.
- Anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to enter an event.
- Anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be escorted from the event and will face appropriate school and civil consequences.
- Students who make negative comments (including wearing clothing, posting signs, painting negative slogans on bodies, hand gestures) towards the opposing team, officials, event staff, or other students will be escorted from the event and not allowed to return to the event.
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- All the rules above apply to Junior High students.
- Students may only attend with adult supervision.
- Students must sit with their parents or in the assigned Junior High student section and are not allowed to loiter on the premises for any reason.
- Junior High sections at football games will use restrooms nearest their seating section.
- Junior High sections will be released to go to the concession stands at football games after the first and third quarters.
- Junior High sections will not be allowed to go to the concession areas during half time.
Elementary aged students must be accompanied by an adult and sit with adults during the game. Students are not allowed to run around during the game.