Vision Statement: Where are we going?
The Rock Island-Milan Athletic Department will be recognized as the standard of excellence through athletic and academic success. The Rock Island-Milan School Athletic Department educates its student-athletes while building leadership, teamwork qualities, and a reputation as winners on and off the field of play.
Mission Statement: Why do we do what we do?
The Rock Island-Milan Athletic Department will seek to instill, encourage and sustain a great tradition of excellence by enhancing our athletes’ lives and promoting a culture where athletes will grow as people, students, and competitors. The student-athletes will learn to enjoy the preparation for competition, feel valued as individuals and respect the value of sportsmanship and teamwork. This will enhance pride among its student body, staff, alumni, and community. Rock Island-Milan School district exists to provide all students with a superior education so that they may achieve their full human potential.
The Rock Island-Milan Athletic Department champions the values expressed in our Mission Statement. We feel it is our responsibility:
- To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity;
- To provide a safe environment for our student-athletes;
- To establish and maintain an environment in which a student-athlete’s activities are conducted as part of the total educational experience;
- To inspire our athletes to strive for academic and athletic excellence;
- To acquire a strong sense of pride, sportsmanship, and personal integrity;
- To experience the positive effects of teamwork and develop a strong sense of loyalty;
- To carry forth into the community the values gained from a positive competitive experience.